- This event has passed.
Gardening for Drought
May 25 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
North Texas is prone to experiencing drought, but your garden doesn’t have to suffer! Create a drought-hardy landscape!
Free! Register here: https://GardenforDrought.eventbrite.com
Drought-like conditions can be a very harsh time to keep plants from drying out. Luckily, many of our native plants are drought-tolerant and accustomed to thriving with little water. Even non-drought tolerant plants can be helped by following smart watering strategies. Whether you want a yard full of plants or a lawn, choosing tough plants and knowing how to care for your landscape in a drought can help keep it lush, even in hard times.
- The importance of water efficiency in a drought
- Common gardening mistakes that lead to water loss
- The basic principles of landscape design
- The best drought-tolerant native plants for your garden
- How to choose native turf for your lawn
- How to keep your garden healthy in times of drought
This is a free event, but registration is required to participate.
The class will be 45 minutes long and taught by a Tarrant County Master Gardener.