- This event has passed.
Tough Texas Plants
September 20, 2023 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Native Texas plants thrive in our harsh local climate and soils. Native and low water use does not mean cacti and gravel! North Texas is home to thousands of beautiful flowers, grasses, bushes, and trees, all perfectly adapted to live with little to no care. Whether you want a traditional suburban yard or an extravagant butterfly garden, using native Texas plants and resource conscious design principles can help you get the best yard on the block without too much effort.
- Why it is beneficial to plant native plants
- The basic principles of landscape design
- Native perennial flowers, wildflowers, grasses, shrubs, and trees
- How to choose and find native plants for your yard
- Which plants need less water and maintenance
- Ways to use native plants to create beautiful gardens
The class will be 45 minutes long and taught by a Tarrant County Master Gardener.