- This event has passed.
Tough Texas Native Plants
March 29, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Create a lush Texas yard by choosing tough plants that are native to our region!
Free! Register here: https://ttnp.eventbrite.com
Native Texas plants thrive in our harsh local climate and soils. Native and low water use does not mean cacti and gravel! North Texas is home to thousands of beautiful flowers, grasses, bushes, and trees, all perfectly adapted to live with little to no care. Whether you want a traditional suburban yard or an extravagant butterfly garden, using native Texas plants and resource conscious design principles can help you get the best yard on the block without too much effort.
- Why it is beneficial to plant native plants
- The basic principles of landscape design
- Native perennial flowers, wildflowers, grasses, shrubs, and trees
- How to choose and find native plants for your yard
- Which plants need less water and maintenance
- Ways to use native plants to create beautiful gardens
Attend this virtual class to get a $25 rebate on your Go N’ Grow Tough Texas Native Garden Kit purchase! Check your email after attending into the class to learn how!
Rebate available for Tarrant County residents only.
This is a free online event. Register to receive information on how to participate.
The class will be 45 minutes long and taught by a Tarrant County Master Gardener.