- This event has passed.
Gardening for Drought
July 22, 2023 @ 8:00 am - July 29, 2023 @ 5:00 pmFree
Create a drought-hardy landscape!
Join our free class to learn how! Register here: https://Garden-for-Drought.eventbrite.com
North Texas is prone to drought in the summer and it can be hard to keep plants from drying out. Luckily, many of our native plants are drought-tolerant and accustomed to thriving with little water. Even non-drought tolerant plants can be helped by following smart watering strategies. Whether you want a yard full of plants or a lawn, choosing tough plants and knowing how to care for your landscape in a drought can help keep it lush, even in hard times.
- The importance of water efficiency in a drought
- Common gardening mistakes that lead to water loss
- The basic principles of landscape design
- The best drought-tolerant native plants for your garden
- How to choose native turf for your lawn
- How to keep your garden healthy in times of drought
This is a free online event. Register here to receive information on how to participate.
The class will be 45 minutes long and taught by a Tarrant County Master Gardener.
This event is brought to you by the Mansfield Water Utilities and Tarrant Regional Water District.